Fake kick. Bug or feature?

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Do you consider the fake kick as shown in the video to be a bug or a feature?

Poll ended at January 6th, 2020, 5:01 pm

It's a bug
58%
It's a feature
43%

Total votes : 40

Fake kick. Bug or feature?

Postby jasko » December 30th, 2019, 5:01 pm

Here is a video of how the fake kick works. The ball is obviously still, but JC7 makes it look for everyone else that he kicked the ball without even touching it. So the question is, is it a bug or is it a feature.

I can say from my experience that when I'm facing someone who uses this "bug" to their advantage I literally cannot trust my own eyes when I'm defending him and I'm playing on measly 15 extrapolation, I can't imagine putting more and defending that fake kick. Therefore I consider it a bug and think it should be fixed/removed from the game.

Share your opinion down below.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
jasko

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: Fake kick. Bug or feature?

Postby SuarezN7 » December 30th, 2019, 5:51 pm

I'm at 90 extrapolation and the fake pixel feels the same as for you (even though everything else is way shakier). I assume it's a bug but who knoes.
Might not be since it's not fixed or acknowledged yet by basro (there was a github post few months back) :popcorn:

SuarezN7

News Articles: 1

Position: Forward

Postby Whiplash » December 30th, 2019, 6:31 pm

I've stated many and many times, it's such a damn shame. The biggest, and the most annoying bug in the game. Of course, people are abusing it as well. Competitive haxball hasn't been the same for me since this bug occured, and I play with 0 extrapolation. User of this bug literally creates an illusion for their opponents, how can that even be a feature? LOL.

Whiplash

Postby KROL » December 30th, 2019, 7:07 pm

And whats the problem about that? that fake x was working on flash as well, I used to practice this move with tv5/mdfk 6 or 7 years ago every night ^^ who was playing ESL back then gonna remember that some of oldschool players were also able to use this bug on their hosts as a big advantage with opponent's high ping

So now u gonna cry about this because one of the best users of fake x - misaj - won all, and u want to blame it on the bug he uses ? :scratch:
I think we should take back all his tittles even from the flash cause he was cheating there as well :joker:

Whiplash wrote:Competitive haxball hasn't been the same for me since this bug occured, and I play with 0 extrapolation LOL.

:fp:

I will repeat: fake x was working on flash as well

I know all of u turks are jeleaous and cant even get close to the Misaj's level so u are trying to find another way to lowerize his achievements
Idk, maybe try to ban him on turkish communities for using cheats and then other teams can win anything

I have no idea what is meaning of this thread, u want this game to become more easy for lessers who have no idea how to do this and defend this? Instead of trying to decrease abilities of stronger players than you so u can compete with them - try to just get better in this game and improve

PIECE

KROL

Postby B4D4SS » December 30th, 2019, 7:33 pm

KROL is right this always existed on Flash, I find it a nice addition to the game because it adds depth and rewards more skilled/knowledgable players with an extra weapon.

It only works on you if your out of position in defence or your midfield press has holes in it. If theres a big hole in your defence and Misaj does this fake in the centre, of course you will get juked but thats for being out of position and leaving dangerous gaps.

However I don't know how this interacts with extrapolation, maybe higher extrapolation users deal with this trick lasting too long because they see the move ahead of time? That could be why its more noticed now and complained about more than before.

B4D4SS

Postby jasko » December 30th, 2019, 8:01 pm

KROL wrote:So now u gonna cry about this because one of the best users of fake x - misaj - won all, and u want to blame it on the bug he uses ? :scratch:
I think we should take back all his tittles even from the flash cause he was cheating there as well :joker:
I know all of u turks are jeleaous and cant even get close to the Misaj's level so u are trying to find another way to lowerize his achievements
Idk, maybe try to ban him on turkish communities for using cheats and then other teams can win anything

I have no idea what is meaning of this thread, u want this game to become more easy for lessers who have no idea how to do this and defend this? Instead of trying to decrease abilities of stronger players than you so u can compete with them - try to just get better in this game and improve

Why do you always take these discussions as a personal attack, you act so salty and offended every single time I bring up a discussion about Haxball's gameplay. I personally don't have a problem defending vs Misaj as I counter what he does pretty well (he literally plays different against us every time because of that). Misaj is a very good player and he'd still be a top DM without taking advantage of this. What I'm annoyed of is the fact that I cannot trust what I'm seeing anymore and that was never a problem before, not on flash and not on html5 until recently. It's too damn drastic.

KROL wrote:And whats the problem about that? that fake x was working on flash as well, I used to practice this move with tv5/mdfk 6 or 7 years ago every night ^^ who was playing ESL back then gonna remember that some of oldschool players were also able to use this bug on their hosts as a big advantage with opponent's high ping

B4D4SS wrote:KROL is right this always existed on Flash, I find it a nice addition to the game because it adds depth and rewards more skilled/knowledgable players with an extra weapon.

You guys are basically saying that because it existed before (even tho it never had this much of an effect on the gameplay as it does nowadays) it should remain that way. That's such a weak argument. So nothing in this world should ever change.

B4D4SS wrote:However I don't know how this interacts with extrapolation, maybe higher extrapolation users deal with this trick lasting too long because they see the move ahead of time? That could be why its more noticed now and complained about more than before.

I actually think that's the case now, yeah.

All in all, it's expected that the same people who are prepared to take extreme measures to gain advantage are willing to do anything to keep it that way. Happened with flash vs HTML5 discussion, extrapolation discussion and now here as well. That doesn't mean everyone should be quiet and have the same opinion as them. I'm trying to be objective and this is my opinion on the matter.

PEACE

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
jasko

Postby Ziyech » December 30th, 2019, 8:08 pm

i agree i hav this problem and my frend have this problem and is annoying play like this so i dont play activ i get canser every time i play when someone do this bug i play with 80 extra

my frend post this some month ago https://github.com/haxball/haxball-issu ... eVIAgDYZDs

Ziyech

Postby MARBLE7 » December 30th, 2019, 8:30 pm

ffs :fp: same shits for years... either just try to get used to bugs/features of this game and accept as it is or simply quit. cuz noone fucking cares, even the owner of game. ur just wasting ur time. :bounce:

MARBLE7

Postby B4D4SS » December 30th, 2019, 8:37 pm

jasko wrote:
KROL wrote:And whats the problem about that? that fake x was working on flash as well, I used to practice this move with tv5/mdfk 6 or 7 years ago every night ^^ who was playing ESL back then gonna remember that some of oldschool players were also able to use this bug on their hosts as a big advantage with opponent's high ping

B4D4SS wrote:KROL is right this always existed on Flash, I find it a nice addition to the game because it adds depth and rewards more skilled/knowledgable players with an extra weapon.

You guys are basically saying that because it existed before (even tho it never had this much of an effect on the gameplay as it does nowadays) it should remain that way. That's such a weak argument. So nothing in this world should ever change.

That was more in response to Whiplash and others who might think its something new.

My argument was this:
I find it a nice addition to the game because it adds depth and rewards more skilled/knowledgable players with an extra weapon.

And I’ll add that its extra crucial in HTML because I feel the game has already been dumbed down and simplified so much already that the game cant afford to get even more simple imo. (Obviously it could but I mean the competitive player base will shrink even more than it already has!)

B4D4SS

Postby aguero10 » December 30th, 2019, 11:31 pm

Damn KROL i remember when u tricked Lagger in HCL with fake x and everybody blamed lag, but its just 6 years of practise wp.

aguero10

Division 1 Winner: Season 4
Division 2 Winner: Season 5

Postby Whiplash » December 31st, 2019, 1:32 am

So now u gonna cry about this because one of the best users of fake x - misaj - won all, and u want to blame it on the bug he uses ? :scratch:

Whiplash wrote:Competitive haxball hasn't been the same for me since this bug occured, and I play with 0 extrapolation LOL.

:fp:

PIECE

Dear KROL, I'm actually more surprised every time you prove yourself stupid even better. You set the bar higher and higher for that.

Also, because this thing was on Flash, it doesn't necessarily mean that this BUG is normal. It's a flaw of the game, just because it's been around for years doesn't change the fact that it needs to be fixed. I have been playing since the beta, and I can also confirm that it was actually a thing, too. However, because the game is more fluid now + the extrapolation for many players, this bug affects the game and what players see more than ever before.

I'm not saying you can't be an advocate for this bug to remain in the game, but please try to develop an argument rather than mixing yourself with other people.

This is my last post on this matter.

Cheers.

Whiplash

Postby aeRo » December 31st, 2019, 9:15 am

im gna fakekick ur nan down the stairs u litl knts

aeRo
Elder of da Realm

Postby ANDRÈA » December 31st, 2019, 11:33 am

Simulation gang where you at

ANDRÈA

Postby Anddy » December 31st, 2019, 12:57 pm

Anddy

Postby Nocke » January 1st, 2020, 7:36 am

Anddy wrote:https://github.com/haxball/haxball-issues/issues/896#issuecomment-531476360

/thread

Spoiler: Show
Nocke

Postby KROL » January 1st, 2020, 12:52 pm

basro commented on 14 Sep 2019
This is not a bug, it's doing exactly what it should.

thanks anddy,

and Smurf, can you give me one good reason you -rep my post even tho i just defended the idea of fake x ?
You +rep Andyy who gave link to this what basro said and you're -reping me for noreason, and adding to Anddy comment that i deserved -4
Jewish logic, get cancer all of u haha

best regards and happy new year fuckers

KROL

Postby ROCKYBALBOA » January 1st, 2020, 3:06 pm

İt is a lag. not a fake. But talking about it is trivial because it won't change . Unfortunately.

ROCKYBALBOA

Postby supermazhine » January 1st, 2020, 4:24 pm

stop crying about this fake shootsss

supermazhine

Postby Smurf2 » January 1st, 2020, 5:16 pm

KROL wrote:basro commented on 14 Sep 2019
This is not a bug, it's doing exactly what it should.

thanks anddy,

and Smurf, can you give me one good reason you -rep my post even tho i just defended the idea of fake x ?
You +rep Andyy who gave link to this what basro said and you're -reping me for noreason, and adding to Anddy comment that i deserved -4
Jewish logic, get cancer all of u haha

best regards and happy new year fuckers

Dear KROL,

unfortunately you didnt just defended the fake x you also tried to insult everyone who disagree with you + saying they are just jealous at misaj.
Anddy unlike you posted basro comment which was related to the post, so yea Anddy deserves +5 and you deserve -5. however i have only 5 rep to give so i mentioned in my +rep to Anddy that i would have given him +5 if your post didnt deserve the -4 rep more.

Best regards,
Myself, jewish logic and jewish cancer

Smurf2

Postby merle » January 2nd, 2020, 4:39 am

edit: no matter what im talking about there is still some people obeying some players

Last edited by merle on January 7th, 2020, 11:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
merle

Next

Return to General Haxball Discussion