Fake kick. Bug or feature?

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Do you consider the fake kick as shown in the video to be a bug or a feature?

Poll ended at January 6th, 2020, 5:01 pm

It's a bug
58%
It's a feature
43%

Total votes : 40

Re: Fake kick. Bug or feature?

Postby ESPierre » January 2nd, 2020, 5:41 am

Guys, everybody can do that, right? This feature has existed before. Why are you acting like it's such an important problem? idk. In the Flash version, everyone have played with "0" extrapolation and it wasn't that easy(There was no one who could do this except Misaj.). I don't think like that. It has become a feature that we can do "mind game" to an extremely boring and straight game. Personally, it's not a big problem for me.

ESPierre

News Articles: 0

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Teddie » January 2nd, 2020, 11:01 am

if you work hard enough, you can do x fake. this is not illegal and not special for some players. it's just a reason to cry and you can use on corners for creativity.

Teddie

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Ter » January 2nd, 2020, 7:04 pm

Whatever people say, this has to be considered a bug and not a feature. The circle we control on the HaxBall pitch isn't supposed to have an arm that extends towards a certain point with the ball and then grabs it (the ball) towards our circle again, every single thing that we cannot control via game knowledge (for example, knowing where the ball actually is at that moment, if close to the circle of onto the space that was sent/fake sent to) has to be considered a bug or a flaw in the game and it needs to be fixed no matter what for the good of the game. This isn't supposed to be a skill because it is not how it was supposed to be used, since in Flash, unless u had 152+ ping, fake shots didn't have that effect, the juke was that u pressed X close to the ball without feeling like an input lag to the players on the pitch and it would work (watch TV5 HaxBall video) because people usually defended with 3 behind the ball (2 defending middle + gk) and that would usually attract one of the defensive players to pressure on the zone that the ball was at and that, subsequently, would open a space in the width areas of the pitch where AM and ST are supposed to be at.

Ter

Postby ROCKYBALBOA » January 3rd, 2020, 9:52 am

I agree with ter on everything. There is nothing else to say for this topic.

Last edited by ROCKYBALBOA on January 3rd, 2020, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ROCKYBALBOA

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Pedy » January 3rd, 2020, 10:03 am

I mean, it's clearly a extrapolation bug, but who cares anyway ? Basro certainly doesn't, so this thread is pointless.

Pedy

Postby LaggerMet » January 3rd, 2020, 11:50 am

Is this really such a big issue that changes significantly matches results? I really don't think so, if someone uses it and successfully juke the opponent it is probably deserved
If it was a big deal that gave a significant a-symetrical advantage in certain situation it would be interesting to talk about. I can give you examples of games in which a bug dictated the major game style of the game (GunZ if someone is interested) In such case, the discussion is interesting, in this case, not so much.

LaggerMet

Postby Misaj » January 3rd, 2020, 6:55 pm

merle wrote:The problem is, I think your extrapolation is not set to 15 jasko. You are blatantly lying right now.

Hayki, probably, playing with 130 or more extrapolation thats why he can do such xfake's, atm, set your extrapolation to that value you can also reproduce it too. It's so easy.

For the main problem, as jasko said his extrapolation is 15 (which I don't believe that) it is impossible to see it like that. You are basically lying about your extrapolation jasko, you are doing that because u don't want this shit in this game.

And also, people thinks Misaj is the best guy doing that x fake, I don't think so. He's just playing with 190-200 extrapolation and thats why he can do it so easy.

Plus they all using a method for xfake, when they are going to do x fake, they just press their left button. (for example, misaj is red, and you are blue) while doing x fake, Misaj pressing back (left) button, that's why you fall to his "x fake".

Let me show what I mean with proof:

https://streamable.com/jidl9

Watch this video ↑,

in first x fake, I didn't press my left movement button. And you only see one x fake.
in second x fake, I didn't managed to do that good actually. Cuz I don't play with that extrapolation a lot. So don't mind that one.
in last x fake, while doing x fake, I also pressed my left button and look carefully, how its looks like. That's the method why everyone falls into Misaj's x fakes. And in this one, if you realized, I pressed my left button and my xfake showed like 2-3 times in row.

That's the trick, its not about Misaj, he's not the best, he just knows the trick of xfake, and you guys are bunch of retards calling him as best. Everyone can do same shit. Stop crying and get used to it.

Also jasko stop lying.

And also people who voted for "its a bug" is actually have autism. Like seriously, 0 javascript knowledge, 0 knowledge about how extrapolation and x fake works. You guys just falling to xfake and with ur 2 digit IQ u think this is a bug...

Education is important.

Edit: Anndy idk why did you negative reputated me for this. You're saying Misaj is top level and extrapolation/xfake doesn't have any effect in his playstyle. My friend, go check when there is no extrapolation in Haxball, Misaj was top player or not. When I was playing this game back in the days, Misaj was searching teams at Haxlife division 2 (plus league), and with the latest extrapolation update he became instantly "best" player somehow? It's because he's playing with 200 extrapolation maybe? Maybe he got some good monitor, good keyboard. Who knows? But you can't disagree that extrapolation made him. Now everyone calling him as best, well I don't think so. Maybe you think Misaj is best, because every good player already left the scene and only Misaj is playing this game's 4v4 mode for 24 hours everyday.

If you play with 200 extrapolation for whole day. You can also reach his level.

Also yeah I agree, his level is good if you compare with others but back in the days, he was no one. Haxball, now doesn't gives any fuck to your IQ, or your skills, or what the fuck ever what made this game beautiful. Now just spam the ball at corners with your retarded extrapolation values, and if you have good spammer duos like Necro. You can also win every single tournament. This is not a something special for Misaj. Everybody can do the same. Prob now you are saying then people should do what I said instead of complaining, well my friend, unlike Misaj, other players have real life, and they including me doesn't care about this game as much as Misaj.

So yeah, you can call him best, while every godlike player already left the scene and this is now Misaj's sand playground.

hey yo

actually except 2013 i never played in haxlife division2, ofc people can like me or may not like me but i'm not gonna let someone just lying and insulting me with a fake account, idk who are u but i was the top already when the game was flash.. lets see the plus league player achivements on flash

ESL 2017 FINAL

https://youtu.be/vnE_Qz-oHf8?t=1454

NC 2017 FINAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIfvInIHYts

HCL #15 FINAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si4YAYWNw6I

Feed-Me Division 1 Season 20

Misaj - 53 goals, 10 assists. Broke records for most goals in a season and most goals in a match.

---------------------------------------------

(there is more but i just wanted to share most important ones)

btw my monitor 75hz and my keyboard just 5$ so...

call your all GODLIKE players i'm not hiding from anyone XD

Last edited by Misaj on January 4th, 2020, 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Misaj

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby P4ER » January 4th, 2020, 12:55 am

I'm drunk and i still find it a very simple question to answer..

One sentence : If you don't want to fix it, make it a feature.
is this really the problem of this game? read LaggerMet's reply.

extrapolation related:
If you have higher extrapolation it will effect you more and might effect you only, as a low extra user i find the general server ping a bigger challenge (thats how small it effects the gameplay).
the main point of this : useless and will hurt your gameplay to even try to do it, did it work? just by chance. (same for allen's finshing)

happy new year full of teamspeak tags for everyone :joker:

P4ER

Postby Nikola D » January 5th, 2020, 3:19 am

merle wrote:The problem is, I think your extrapolation is not set to 15 jasko. You are blatantly lying right now.

Hayki, probably, playing with 130 or more extrapolation thats why he can do such xfake's, atm, set your extrapolation to that value you can also reproduce it too. It's so easy.

For the main problem, as jasko said his extrapolation is 15 (which I don't believe that) it is impossible to see it like that. You are basically lying about your extrapolation jasko, you are doing that because u don't want this shit in this game.

And also, people thinks Misaj is the best guy doing that x fake, I don't think so. He's just playing with 190-200 extrapolation and thats why he can do it so easy.

Plus they all using a method for xfake, when they are going to do x fake, they just press their left button. (for example, misaj is red, and you are blue) while doing x fake, Misaj pressing back (left) button, that's why you fall to his "x fake".

Let me show what I mean with proof:

https://streamable.com/jidl9

Watch this video ↑,

in first x fake, I didn't press my left movement button. And you only see one x fake.
in second x fake, I didn't managed to do that good actually. Cuz I don't play with that extrapolation a lot. So don't mind that one.
in last x fake, while doing x fake, I also pressed my left button and look carefully, how its looks like. That's the method why everyone falls into Misaj's x fakes. And in this one, if you realized, I pressed my left button and my xfake showed like 2-3 times in row.

That's the trick, its not about Misaj, he's not the best, he just knows the trick of xfake, and you guys are bunch of retards calling him as best. Everyone can do same shit. Stop crying and get used to it.

Also jasko stop lying.

And also people who voted for "its a bug" is actually have autism. Like seriously, 0 javascript knowledge, 0 knowledge about how extrapolation and x fake works. You guys just falling to xfake and with ur 2 digit IQ u think this is a bug...

Education is important.

Edit: Anndy idk why did you negative reputated me for this. You're saying Misaj is top level and extrapolation/xfake doesn't have any effect in his playstyle. My friend, go check when there is no extrapolation in Haxball, Misaj was top player or not. When I was playing this game back in the days, Misaj was searching teams at Haxlife division 2 (plus league), and with the latest extrapolation update he became instantly "best" player somehow? It's because he's playing with 200 extrapolation maybe? Maybe he got some good monitor, good keyboard. Who knows? But you can't disagree that extrapolation made him. Now everyone calling him as best, well I don't think so. Maybe you think Misaj is best, because every good player already left the scene and only Misaj is playing this game's 4v4 mode for 24 hours everyday.

If you play with 200 extrapolation for whole day. You can also reach his level.

Also yeah I agree, his level is good if you compare with others but back in the days, he was no one. Haxball, now doesn't gives any fuck to your IQ, or your skills, or what the fuck ever what made this game beautiful. Now just spam the ball at corners with your retarded extrapolation values, and if you have good spammer duos like Necro. You can also win every single tournament. This is not a something special for Misaj. Everybody can do the same. Prob now you are saying then people should do what I said instead of complaining, well my friend, unlike Misaj, other players have real life, and they including me doesn't care about this game as much as Misaj.

So yeah, you can call him best, while every godlike player already left the scene and this is now Misaj's sand playground.

You are saying that he cares this game more than others but you don't looking yourself, you just created a fake account for insulting peoples bruh :D Actually i was thinking like you. But when i watched Misaj's all matches i just changed my mind, he earned my respect. I see that before the Extrapolation update he was already doing this X fake tricks, also he created this playing style. Like hes said of course you may not like him but i consider that people must to respect him because in this dead game it's really nice to watch him. In 2018 he wasn't like now but he wasn't a single player in that moment he was the best dm for sure and that was 2 years ago anyway, now everyone thinks that he can be the best dm/player at all times.

Nikola D

Postby Nikola D » January 5th, 2020, 3:30 am

In my opinion its not a bug cause everyone can do this trick.

Nikola D

Postby DyingLagger » March 23rd, 2020, 10:18 am

bug abuse and should be forbidden in my opinion because people play with different gameplays (different extrapolations and lags) so it's an unfair advantage since it's a lag related bug. to some people this lag can be way more deadly than others and since it's a bug abuse and not an official feature it shouldn't be used.

DyingLagger

Postby Mey » March 23rd, 2020, 12:42 pm

average player should be able to predict this move and intercept it, if not, get better. :geek:

Mey

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Previous

Return to General Haxball Discussion