Haxball Is static

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Re: Haxball Is static

Postby socrates » February 24th, 2020, 5:52 pm

Do it like NFL where there is 32 teams in 2 conferences of 4 groups of 4 and you play seemingly random teams over 17 game weeks and 16 fixtures played and I have no idea what is happening at all.

socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby El Drago » February 24th, 2020, 5:58 pm

I think there should be more systems implemented to the game, it would be nice to see curved shots in an open beta just for fun or tests like that.. But basro doesn`t give a fuck about it

El Drago

News Articles: 12

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby LaggerMet » February 24th, 2020, 6:09 pm

GirlontaR wrote:
LaggerMet wrote:
Gary wrote:A few weeks ago we actually discussed opening a poll for captains/co-captains to vote on futsal replacing the 3v3 league, but this probably won't open until after mid-season.

3v3 has been on a slow decline - there possibly wouldn't have been a 3v3 league this season if it weren't for the new teams participating, so I agree that something needs to change, but I'm not sure if introducing a 3v3 futsal league would attract more teams as the competitive scene looks to be mostly 4v4. Maybe a 4v4 futsal league to replace 3v3 could work.

Also, 3v3 is commonly used for teams to use players who were benched in 4v4, so perhaps there would need to be a rule that teams need to play x amount of players in both modes. (say 5 for now as it's the minimum requirement).

I thought about the idea of combining both Div1 and Div2 leagues together, so 26 teams in 1 division using this ssn as an example, but then splitting these 26 teams into 4 groups of 6 / 7 / 6 / 7 teams. Then each team in these small groups play each other once and then a promo/relegation match for first place in group 2/3/4 vs last place in 1/2/3. Then awarding eg. "Season 27 First Quarter Champions" to the group winner. So in the 4th quarter you could possibly have a team from group 4 winning the league if they promote through each small group..... don't know how feasible this would be as league stats might have to be reset each time... probably 4 separate divisions would be better.

Just throwing these ideas out there - would like some feedback for polls etc,.

Maybe a better solution for div 1 is NBA format. Seasons will be long but interesting and will have great climax

I agree with the NBA format part, but why only div1, just put all teams in 2 "conferences" and let them play against each and every team twice then a playoff system with top 8 or top 4 from each conference qualifying for it, just like in nba.

Yeah I meant all teams, MB

LaggerMet

News Articles: 0

Postby Pedy » February 24th, 2020, 6:43 pm

do the playoff shit its really nice and hype

Pedy

Postby Hannes » February 24th, 2020, 7:18 pm

Why not the belgian system:

The participating clubs will first play a conventional round-robin schedule for a total of 30 matches. After the conclusion of those matches, the team ranked 16th will be directly relegated to the Belgian Second Division, while every other team will play in a playoff round according to its league table position.

The first six teams will play in the Championship playoff. Points earned during the regular season are halved with an odd number of points being rounded up. The round will be played on a round-robin schedule. The winner of this round has won the Belgian championship and will participate in the third qualifying round of the 2010–11 UEFA Champions League. The runners-up will also play in the third qualifying round of the Champions League, while the third-placed team will enter the third qualifying round of the 2010–11 UEFA Europa League. Finally, the fourth-placed team will have to compete in a single match (called Testmatch) against the winner of the Europa League playoff (see below) for one spot in the second qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League.

The teams finishing seventh through fourteenth will play in the Europa League playoff and start with zero points. The round will be played in two groups, with teams in positions 7, 9, 12 and 14 comprising Group A, and the remaining teams comprising Group B. Each group will be played on a round-robin schedule. The winners of these groups will then compete in a two-legged series to earn the right to play against the fourth-placed team of the Championship playoff for one spot in the second qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League.

The 15th-placed team will participate in the Relegation playoff, along with the teams ranked second through fifth in the Belgian Second Division.

Even though i think this could be a bit too simple. I'll come up with some more additional rules to make it fancy and fully incomprehensible.

Hannes

News Articles: 28
Betting Coins: 200

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby socrates » February 24th, 2020, 7:22 pm

Every team should pick a rival team to play extra matches against in a season. If you lose to your rival team you have to make an apology youtube video to them.

And also teams are given a wicked wango card. If they use their wicked wango card they get double points for that game day.

Finally FM can be exciting!

socrates

News Articles: 69

Postby B4D4SS » February 24th, 2020, 7:54 pm

socrates wrote:Every team should pick a rival team to play extra matches against in a season. If you lose to your rival team you have to make an apology youtube video to them.

And also teams are given a wicked wango card. If they use their wicked wango card they get double points for that game day.

Finally FM can be exciting!

B4D4SS

Postby grünersamt » February 25th, 2020, 2:19 am

Coucou!

I personally think substituting 3v3 for futsal (4v4) sounds interesting and maybe would give the 2nd game mode in this community more importance again, which could end up in more teams taking it seriously again and are willing to play it. However the question is or should be for which reason we do have the 2nd game mode, which intention do we have with having it at all?

I might be wrong but I think it got created because the community simply asked for it. Maybe it was based on the reason that the game itself already got static to us, maybe not. Afterall we cried for something new. In the end.. it doesn't even maaatter! No, actually it does. In the end, the 2nd game mode gave us (atleast in the beginning in matter of seriousness) a nice twist to the "old" 4v4 game mode. Something "new". And yea, I'm aware that 3v3 is/ was the original game mode, before my time, not important in here. Anyway, this twist has twisted out regarding to the recently opened threads. So what else benefits do we have? One point is surely the oppurtunity to give more players playtime, avoiding benchtime for as many players as possible. Which is great, trust me, I know what I'm talking about :thumbup: But to be fair, we would have this benefit with any other game mode than the current as a 2nd game mode aswell, as long as the majority of the community is down to play it so it can exist ofcourse.
Last but not least, there is/ could be the benefit of attracting new players to the league. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd say the current 2nd game mode (3v3) doesn't attract too many new players or teams to join our community. There might be exceptions. In conclusion, if we do have the aim to attract more players/ teams, we could use this 2nd game mode to do so. Whatever game mode would get picked in this mind game, if it is too diverse to the main game mode (4v4) we could end up with the situation of getting team applications with teams who mainly want to play in this 2nd game mode. The possibility of having an additional league with new teams sounds cool to me and more teams could blow some fresh air into the fs channels which would be great, nevertheless maintaning the league would be more time consuming and stressfull as ever I guess so only admins can tell about feasibility.

Wow didn't expect myself to write that much, I even can scroll in the reply box. Let me try to finish it up somehow:
Maybe the game got (more) static to us, maybe not. We are still here playing the game and as long as we are rising the Haxball flag up there is always a hope. A hope for less staticness, more creativeness on the pitch, less corner bangs, flyin' balls, low pings, every team having their own host where their home matches has to be played in, more nature, global peace, MrP finally playing a match again or an exciting 2nd game mode (shots fired!).

Balls be flyin' out

grünersamt

Postby Maybe » February 25th, 2020, 10:53 am

I always liked ranking systems , but there's needed a more complex website.
Basically on the website you create a ladder of 10divisions and there is a "find match button" . When you press it ,
the website starts searching for other teams , from the same division , that are also looking to play .
Every match you play you gain/lose points . The ladder is made in a FIFA way , which means that a team has to play
15 matches (it's an example) so they can either reach enough points to join the next div , or to stay same div or to go down by one .
At the end you organize a tournament for div2 and div1 to let them prove who's the best .
Benefits of this system:
1)Players can play against opponents with their same skill , because of the division searching method .
Mostly , it's best for noobs . They can play against each others and enjoy it and eventually , when they will become stronger,
they will start winning matches , gaining points and scaling the div ladder .
In every online game , the biggest audiences are the average players .Think about giving them more opportunities , not how you do in fm , you let 10 nerds play and others have to watch
That's why you won't be able to reach new audiences , the entry level doesn't even exist .
2)You get that competitive feeling from a lot of matches , not 2 times per week like fm . Basically it's more engaging because every match is important . Obviously you can choose if u want a ranked match or just fs .

Problem : you need players . Stop brainstorming to make the game enjoyable for the nerds , it's already ok for them .
They are just tired to play against each others and they don't even realize it and they think playing a new league will make the
game more interesting :D Bring other 10/20/30 pro teams and they will love this game again ;)
Start creating a community where everyone can play and enjoy the competitive field . With patience , you will have big results.
I even know how to market it online , if needed :bomb: I'm into ecommerce and stuff
I think you can't do anything about it , organizing some teamspeak leagues is just a way to not cry about the end of the game

Maybe

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Gary » February 25th, 2020, 3:56 pm

Maybe wrote:Benefits of this system:
1)Players can play against opponents with their same skill , because of the division searching method .
Mostly , it's best for noobs . They can play against each others and enjoy it and eventually , when they will become stronger,

This is how I think my idea of splitting teams up into mini groups with a promo/relegation could end up, with the stronger teams (eg. Pablo) being in the top division and the weaker teams being in the bottom groups. Maybe it would be better to have 2 teams promoting/relegating from each group, though.

Ofc there will be still be a problem (not a massive one) where newly created "super teams" enter the bottom group, but they wouldn't stay in the division for too long (assuming they win most games).

I like the idea of a match-making system, but I feel it would only benefit the most active teams (assuming they win) who can play 5-10 games (maybe more) per day. Maybe we could think of a solution to this.

grünersamt wrote:nevertheless maintaning the league would be more time consuming and stressfull as ever I guess so only admins can tell about feasibility.

I might finally retire at the end of the season, so let's try to give Hannes as much work as possible :D :thumbup:

Gary

Postby El Drago » February 25th, 2020, 7:22 pm

Gary wrote:
Maybe wrote:Benefits of this system:

This is how I think my idea of splitting teams up into mini groups with a promo/relegation could end up, with the stronger teams (eg. Pablo) being in the top division and the weaker teams being in the bottom groups. Maybe it would be better to have 2 teams promoting/relegating from each group, though.

Ofc there will be still be a problem (not a massive one) where newly created "super teams" enter the bottom group, but they wouldn't stay in the division for too long (assuming they win most games).

I like the idea of a match-making system, but I feel it would only benefit the most active teams (assuming they win) who can play 5-10 games (maybe more) per day. Maybe we could think of a solution to this.

grünersamt wrote:nevertheless maintaning the league would be more time consuming and stressfull as ever I guess so only admins can tell about feasibility.

I might finally retire at the end of the season, so let's try to give Hannes as much work as possible :D :thumbup:

I think we should test a draft league system like TheHax had (on this new substitution league I mean), and make a more interactive interface for the forum.
1. This will get rid of super teams instantly because every player will have a value ..
2. A fs system for the forum would be nice like FACEIT has you just click on it and you find a fs .
3. There will be also more players on team speak/participating in the league and that the big benefit, also I don`t know who will administrate a futsal league because I think It`ll be so much for you @Hannes @Gary @Whitee and the rest of that staff..
4. There will be also a problem with the statistics, because playing 3v3 gives you none of them, how will be the futsal goals/assists/cs separated from the player profile?
5. You should make team applications with new teams (for futsal) and split TeamSpeak 3 interface in 2: big and futsal.

El Drago

News Articles: 12

Postby Muris 9 » February 26th, 2020, 6:09 am

1- no because we can't have more than 1 team in the forum, unless they make 2 completely different ones I guess.. that was the same problem when 3v3 was opened
2- random fs.. might work for futsal but big?.. meh
3- they would if they only Play futsal, unless we really divide divisions according to skill level, cause futsal players will obviously be disadvantaged on big at the begin.. stats would need more staffers ye, but I'm sure futsal players would help if we give them the possibility to Play here(if they even want to play on big at all)
4- soc? Enlighten us!!
5- that way we may have new teams only for futsal probably, which wouldn't solve our main problem: lack of players in the main league..

Draft isn't a bad idea, for a funcup maybe.. but are you sure everyone would play full seasons with new/random people? I'm talking especially for fs and non-official games

Muris 9

Position: Forward

Postby Mey » February 26th, 2020, 10:24 am

haxball is dying and there is nothing u can do to change that. people got old at one point

Mey

Previous

Return to General Haxball Discussion