Problem with Haxball

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Problem with Haxball

Postby Rautovic » February 26th, 2015, 9:09 pm

Hi !

Sorry for the long text, but this time I need help too :')

like 3 weeks ago I got my new pc after the old one broke.
I already deactivated this windows aero style and I got an NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 graphiccard, 16 GB Ram and an AMD FX(tm) 6300-Six-Core processor (3,50 GHz)
But it doesnt matter whatt Browser I use. I have some problems with everyone.
Some browsers allow me good border control, but the field feels like ice and I cant move properly, and other browsers are good to move on the field, but the border double shots never work, because only the first shot works, and the 2nd always just drops like I wouldnt have pressed x. Also 1/10 shots doesnt work - the ball just drops and my player blinks, so it looks like I would have pressed x too early/late. On my old PC it all worked perfect.

Opera doesn't even allow me to enable Hardware Accaleration. If I enable it and refresh the browser (as I have to), then its automatically disabled again.
Firefox, Cyberfox and Waterfox (all Mozilla stuff) are good at moving, but the border stuff doesnt work and the ball feels like it would be made of steel.
Chrome, SRIron Ware and Maxthon have good Border control, but the field feels like ice and I cant move or turn around or aim or anything.

I dont wanna start into the next season with this problem and I tried everything that was in my mind.
Anyone of you good some ideas :roll: :( ?

Rautovic

News Articles: 0

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Re: Problem with Haxball

Postby Tanzim » February 26th, 2015, 9:10 pm

update drivers???

reinstall windows???

Tanzim

Postby Caccapupu » February 27th, 2015, 4:06 am

Did u try chromium? Once I had this problem too, with chromium I solved it

Caccapupu

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Rautovic » February 27th, 2015, 6:33 am

tbh I wouldn't like to reinstall Windows, though I am not very good with computers and I also have no windows-CD , because the guy at the store set my pc up for me.
I will try updating the graphic driver and chromiuim, thanks so far !

If there are any other options or suggestions pls let me know :')

Rautovic

Postby Nana8 » February 27th, 2015, 10:38 am

Internet speedtest maybe its low, and have you another problem?

lmao
Nana8

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Rautovic » February 27th, 2015, 12:29 pm

Internet is still the same - 100Mbit

Rautovic

Postby Maddude » February 27th, 2015, 2:16 pm

It's a sign

Co-Founder of Feed Me Community!
Maddude
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 4

Division 1 Winner: Every time except once
Cup Runner-up: Never
Division 2 Winner: Just the once
Cup Winner: Every time

Postby jalapeno » February 27th, 2015, 5:18 pm

maybe you are just going crazy...

:thumbup:
jalapeno

News Articles: 1

Division 1 Winner: Season 5

Postby Herna » February 27th, 2015, 5:55 pm

Rautovic wrote:I already deactivated this windows aero style

its obvious that you cant play haxball when you deactivate aero.
an other possibility is that there is some stuff in your pc which makes you high, that would fit to your descriptions.
no serious, opera doesnt allow you to enable hardware acceleration? maybe theres something wrong in any other settings of opera. but i also dont think that opera is better than firefox there. when i changed my pc i also had feelings like it wouldnt kick the ball and it would be very hard, but with time it became better. maybe thats the reason why im so bad:-(

Herna

News Articles: 27

Postby Tanzim » February 27th, 2015, 6:09 pm

Rautovic wrote:
Rautovic wrote:tbh I wouldn't like to reinstall Windows, though I am not very good with computers and I also have no windows-CD , because the guy at the store set my pc up for me.
I will try updating the graphic driver and chromiuim, thanks so far !

If there are any other options or suggestions pls let me know :')

guaranteed dem cunts installed sum shit 2 mine bitcoins 4 dem

Tanzim

Postby GReddy » February 27th, 2015, 6:30 pm

http://downloadmoreram.com/

You can thank me later

GReddy

Postby Logitech » February 27th, 2015, 7:39 pm

maybe your new pc has another frame rate and you just have to get used to it? im no computerexpert so I could be wrong.

Logitech

Postby HCAFC » February 28th, 2015, 11:49 pm

Fluffypuppy123 wrote:maybe your new pc has another frame rate and you just have to get used to it? im no computerexpert so I could be wrong.

This would only be down to the refresh rate of the monitor and almost all modern monitors are 60 Hz or higher which supports 60 fps, max frame rate of Haxball, so it shouldn't be a problem

No idea what could be causing your problems, my laptop struggles with Haxball too when it should run it easily, it just sucks that it's in flash and not something stable/consistent

HCAFC

Postby Kivi » March 1st, 2015, 5:03 pm

I have the same problem when i use Opera but on SRWare Iron i can play without problems. The only problem is that i cant do any doubleshots on this browser, because its little bit different to opera.

Thats the second time i got this problem. The first time was long time ago. I stopped playing haxball because of this shit bug but after 6 months it fixed himself and i started again playing haxball. If anyone has an idea for a new browser pls reply.

PS: I've reinstalled windows, it doesnt help.

Kivi

Position: Forward

Postby Twigg » March 2nd, 2015, 2:12 pm

Insane wrote:I have the same problem when i use Opera but on SRWare Iron i can play without problems. The only problem is that i cant do any doubleshots on this browser, because its little bit different to opera.

Thats the second time i got this problem. The first time was long time ago. I stopped playing haxball because of this shit bug but after 6 months it fixed himself and i started again playing haxball. If anyone has an idea for a new browser pls reply.

PS: I've reinstalled windows, it doesnt help.

With Opera it might have something to do with the new flash update. Try uninstalling your current version and installing an older version of flash (I used 16.0.0.287), worked for me (ty soc)

Twigg

Postby saviola » March 2nd, 2015, 3:48 pm

Alright, I'll just throw out some ideas. Some of them can be verified using the internet, others are a little more like "should help generally, but might just as well do nothing", but at least it's some things to try:

• Flash settings: Hardware acceleration can be activated in the flash settings itself if it doesn't work in your browser (right click somewhere inside of haxball -> Settings -> Display tab (should already be open) -> check "Enable hardware acceleration"); Flash quality is another thing you might try to change: in the right click menu -> quality -> low.
  • CPU frequency scaling: Modern CPUs support frequency scaling depending on CPU load to save energy. This means that CPUs are dynamically clocked down to a slower speed (as low as 700 MHz). This is a problem especially for flash and games that require low latency, as the CPU load will vary and the CPU frequencies will jump up and down (we all now spam lags on hosts with slower PCs, the game can stutter in such situations when the CPU frequency has to be adjusted even on faster PCs). The solution here is to disable frequency scaling temporarily (if it is active) or make sure that all CPUs are running at maximum speed with tools like AMD OverDrive.
  • CPU core assignment: Alright, so you have six CPU cores. Want to guess how many Haxball can use? One. Which one does it use? Oh, Flash doesn't care, let the scheduler decide and waste time switching processing contexts. This is a trick that is useful for older games and games that support only one core: Just assign the application to one core. Open the task manager, find the task for your flash plugin, and assign a "core affinity" (or something like that, don't have windows running at the moment), preferably not the first core. Do the same for other programs that might cause some CPU load, like your browser (!), TS, anti virus, firewall etc. (assign them to different cores of course).
  • Process priority: Also in the taskmanager, you can increase the process priority (for your browser and, more importantly, for your flash plugin). How much you want to increase it depends, just play around with the different priorities. With less than 4 CPUs I would not recommend the highest priority, but in your case it might work. In the same manner, you can decrease the priority of other processes that might interfere with your flash performance.

Apart from that, there's quite a few things to be found on the internet about optimizing flash performance (although some of it is targeted at developers of flash applications). You could try playing haxball in fullscreen more, although I doubt that will make a big impact.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, maybe I'll add some more later.

saviola

Postby naby » March 2nd, 2015, 4:31 pm

What antivirus are you using? I had the same issues once but it was down to my antivirus (Avast!). Removed it all was fine.

R.I.P. Starlights
naby

News Articles: 10

Division 2 Winner: Season 2

Postby frez » March 2nd, 2015, 6:23 pm

nerds

frez

Postby Rautovic » March 6th, 2015, 6:34 am

Hi !

Thanks for all your help.
I have tested so much stuff to get things running, and sadly nothing worked, even if you gave me some great advises.
Yesterday I tried what socrates told me. He told me to install an older Flash Player Version.

I was playing with Flash Player 16.0.30 or something.
I downgraded it to 15.0.0 and things are really better now. It's not as good as on my old pc, but it's much better than before now.

Thanks to all :face:

Rautovic

Postby Lloyd Banks » March 6th, 2015, 12:50 pm

soc u cunt

Lloyd Banks
Rap Mod

Next

Return to General Haxball Discussion