Season 3 - Division 2 - Gameweek 1 Preview

Moderator: Result Mod

Season 3 - Division 2 - Gameweek 1 Preview

Postby Cathalio11 » March 2nd, 2012, 7:13 pm

Aquopolis vs Seedstitch

Everybody will have one eye on Rach does in her first game as captain. She has had some pre-season success in friendlies as there is a good mentality in their side.
Seedstitch have trained a lot less though and this could come to their disadvantage in this crucial opener.

I can see Rach starting with Echsehh in defence, who is a very strong player with great creativity and can really control the game. It is up to her whether Fergy or herself cover him in defence. That defensive partnership could prove crucial while they hope for Ace to target a team who lack a proven goalkeeper.
Rachel had this to say about the game:

“We're in at the deep end I reckon, Seedstitch have a quality line-up who will be looking to go into every game with a win. We're no different, of course, we want to be right up there at the end of the season and a big win vs Seedstitch on Sunday will get our season off to a flyer.”

For Seedstitch, I feel that Edgar must start Booba who will be a massive threat to the Aquopolis team and could really be the difference between the sides. Rach needs to warn her team in the corners against him. I fail to see much active consistency throughout Seedstitch but they really need someone committed to defence.

Aquo will have to stay strong for the whole game and not lose control if they concede, which is likely when facing Booba.
Seedstitch need their defensive pair to shine too, but will they even have a defensive flair?

It's difficult game to call as both teams look like they can win so we shall see on the day!

Ajhax vs TI SPARTA!

Griffin:

"Pre-season, Ovo has tried to whip a fierce rivalry between T.I. Sparta and Ajhax. He fully believes they will be challenging for the title.
For me the most interesting thing about the game will be about the keepers, and how quickly they can settle, overcome nerves and gel into the team.
I think it will be a tough battle. Players to watch out for (apart from the keepers) would be TehBeast and Joehan."

The Gruffalo sums it up himself in my opinion. Though, it is becoming a bit of an obvious statement nowadays that it depends on both both 'keepers, but it is right.

TT lacks the confidence but does look strong at GK and there will be a lot of pressure on him tonight. Meanwhile, Ovo must choose between the X-Master and Mick for goal. Mick has played there more but has fallen out with the Dutch on TI SPARTA which is not a great start for the man who has a bad reputation in the league here. Crib$ is a vital player too and if he has a good day, he can really control the game. Ovo will have a selection headache today and with all the strength in his side, starting himself would even be a tough task.

Ajhax train a lot, have a great mentality and do very well in friendlies, but their form in the league has been quite a shambles and they need a lot more solidarity. This is a massive season for them and they have to regain confidence as soon as possible. TT should play in goal but if he is ever to gain confidence, they must keep him there. If he makes a mistake, the worst they can do is replace him!

Ultimately, I must go with my head and say that TI Sparta look the better side and really should win. Ajhax have to get their performances sorted out though!

Bayern Neverlosin vs Lé Poppy Créw

In my eyes, a lot has changed since I've written my preview for the Poppy Crew. Rolex is turning into a quite solid GK but still has some clear weak points. I struggle to see where the goals will come for the Crew if Bayer keep a GK back the whole time.

Bayer have had a severe lack of practice compared to other teams which may work against them. They will need a solid GK to stay back all the time and I feel that that should be good enough to keep Smiley at bay. Kun is quite solid and can create and score goals and XL will also be there to try and punish Rolex. This is what Kun had to say about the game:

"Yea well, Should be a good game, Both teams have a new defender in and it will be interesting to see how they fare... Should be a close, had a few friendly's during the week and Bayern looked slightly the stronger although they finished as 1 win for them, 1 win for us and a draw so.... I think Bayern to edge it as Iggy and Kun seem to gel relatively better than before, Can momo and Rolex hold their nerve in their FM debut's.... Down to the keepers peformances imo..."

There is no definite prediction that I can give but I do feel that if Momo stays back and gives a solid performance, Bayer should have this match. Then again, if Smiley can show some flair for once, it could be the other way around!

C U Next Thursday vs HK Flamingo

This is certainly a clash of two strong teams and Flamingo will certainly feel hard done by, by the fact they have to play the popular favorites in their first match.

CUNTS have an amazing balance in my opinion and I feel that if Cheese, V-11 and X are the line-up, they should have this game in the bag.

I am expecting some goals in this one. Shockboy will be in goal for Flamengo and he has been much improved recently, but dealing with X is going to be really tough, and I can see X getting on the score-sheet. Shockboy had this to say on the match ahead:

"looks like we've got the toughest team in the league up first, but we'll see what happens when its gametime. CUNTS are the team to beat in the league, but Flamingos have played well in friendlies so far andI'm confident that is we can nick a goal and hold out defensively"

I don't feel that holding out defensively will be easy against V and X though.
Flamingo have their own attacking strength through BLaaaa though and Cheese will have to deal with his aggression in this game.

Ultimately, I think that CUNTS will win but it is rather unfortunate that 1 great side or maybe even both will lose points so early into the season!
Last edited by Cathalio11 on March 4th, 2012, 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cathalio11

News Articles: 0

Re: Season 3 - Division 2 - Gameweek 1 Preview

Postby Cathalio11 » March 4th, 2012, 11:59 am

Updated
Cathalio11

Postby Constantinople » March 4th, 2012, 12:24 pm

Our fixture is in twice Image
Constantinople

News Articles: 4

Postby OvoXo » March 4th, 2012, 12:29 pm

You left TI Sparta vs Ajhax out buddy Image
OvoXo

News Articles: 1

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby Cam_Sampbell » March 4th, 2012, 2:18 pm

OvoXo wrote:You left TI Sparta vs Ajhax out buddy Image

:x
We All Dream of a Team of Tommy Ts

Season 2
Action Men - Appearances - 9(1), Goals - 0, Assists - 1

Season 3
Ajhax - Appearances - 9(1), Goals - 7, Assists - 0

Season 4
Powerpuff Men - Appearances - 5, Goals - 2, Assists - 1
Aquopolis - Appearances - 5(1), Goals - 2, Assists - 1

Season 5
Mighty Ducks - Appearances - 0(1), Goals - 0, Assists - 0

Season 6
Pelicans - Appearances - 11(2), Goals - 4, Assists - 0

Season 7
Ajhax - Appearances - 6(2), Goals - 2, Assists - 0

Season 8
Ajhax - Appearances - 4, Goals - 1, Assists - 0

Overall: Appearances - 56, Goals - 17, Assists 3
Cam_Sampbell
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 5

Division 1 Winner: The Gordon Bombay of Mighty Ducks - Season 5

Postby rolex » March 4th, 2012, 3:13 pm

did.read.lol

wtf i dont understand dis

I struggle to see where the goals will come for the Crew if Bayer keep a GK back the whole time.

uh duhhhhhhhhhhhh every team has a gk at da bak

Spoiler: Show

rolex
Betting Mod

News Articles: 6

Postby Barry » March 4th, 2012, 4:18 pm

He means that Bayer will always keep their keeper back rather than sometimes push up, I presume.
Barry

Postby Cathalio11 » March 4th, 2012, 6:18 pm

DONE
Cathalio11

Return to Archives