Limit on Foreign Players

It is what it says on the tin.

Re: Limit on Foreign Players

Postby Asn » April 20th, 2012, 1:01 pm

Brary wrote:I can see his point. A few teams are mostly foreign now, but it's the same in the premiership for football.

Just leave no cap, but if you win with an all UK team then happy days.

This Is Sparta Image

Netherlands and Sweden :D

Btw what is cap? Image

Asn

News Articles: 0

Postby Barry » April 20th, 2012, 1:13 pm

OvoXo wrote:I am sure that this is a 'Friendly Multi-Cultural Community', we are here to play hax and have some fun. Ideas such as opc's would bring negativity and segregation amongst us and give us a bad name around other leagues in the world. I don't mind this idea when we are playing in the CL, IHL and etc. As we'd want British players to represent Britain in those international elite leagues. But with in our own league bringing a rule of capping on foreign players is absurd. The problem isn't the foreign players, its like what Mad says there aren't many british players who spend time haxin and to improve themselves. That's their problem and their problem only. Bringing foreign players in who are friendly and just want to hax there is no problem with it at all

like opc pls tell me u was drunk wen writing dis, opc pls

wut

Mad wasn't saying that at all. He wasn't taking any side. He was looking at the argument from a rounded perspective.

In the bit I bolded, he was saying it's easier for captains to sign established foreign players rather than take the time to train up british players who have the potential to be as good as the aforementioned foreign players.

Look, I don't mind a debate, but when you use a point that wasn't even supporting your argument, you're just being stupid.

Barry

Postby Lekumberri » April 20th, 2012, 1:17 pm

Still I don't understand why we have to make the line in the foreigner players, why don't we make that line in the sex of the people? I know that's important promote the Haxball among the British people, but more important is promote it among the women: they are less so they are more discriminated here.

With Rachel here as only one woman, the ratio man/woman is 387:1, why don't we force all the teams have 3 women in their teams?

So please, more sex and less "astounding" discussions.

PS. Of course I'm against of any kind of limits, I don't feel here as a foreigner because of most of you, that's why I prefer to play in UK before than in Spain. Please don't throw to the bin that what make you the best.

Lekumberri

Postby Edgar Davids » April 20th, 2012, 1:20 pm

Lekumberri wrote:Still I don't understand why we have to make the line in the foreigner players, why don't we make that line in the sex of the people? I know that's important promote the Haxball among the British people, but more important is promote it among the women: they are less so they are more discriminated here.

With Rachel here as only one woman, the ratio man/woman is 387:1, why don't we force all the teams have 3 women in their teams?

PS. Of course I'm against of any kind of limits, I don't feel here as a foreigner because of most of you, that's why I prefer to play in UK before than in Spain. Please don't throw to the bin that what make you the best.

pray 2 #based melonito

Edgar Davids

Postby Ghost » April 20th, 2012, 1:36 pm

No. Even if the poll contained a large majority of YES votes it still wouldn't happen. End of discussion.

Ghost
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 8

Division 1 Winner: Season 1

Postby OvoXo » April 20th, 2012, 1:51 pm

Vargo wrote:
OvoXo wrote:Opc is racist, arrogant and a fucking prick.

Seriously?

^^ Many people see him as an arrogant fucking prick yes. The racism bit I decided to throw in cause of his retarded idea

OvoXo wrote:Wait is it just me or is opc being retarded?

It's you

^^ Nope, I just expressed my opinion on a fucking retarded idea invented by opc.

OvoXo wrote:I've played in pub rooms and I just can't seem to find a single quality British player.

How ignorant can you get? What about Cheese, Cath, OPC, Socrates, Cookies, Jonny, Deer, Sukh, Banks, Rachel, Shock, Circleboy.. I could name at least 10 more, but how many more do I need to mention until you're satisfied? And just because they're not in the pub rooms you play in, doesn't mean there aren't any.

^^ I was referring to Non-Fm players, clearly you misunderstood what I said.

OvoXo wrote:like opc pls tell me u was drunk wen writing dis, opc pls

Usually I tolerate kids trolling around 'cause it's rarely worth the time but you are a fucking cunt who should get banned from this forum permanently. Get the fuck out of here and stop wasting everybody's time with your complaining and worthless comments.

^^ Lol cuntish behaviour that is ^^ wp Vargo.

/rage

^^ Not sure if raging or being serious? Image

OvoXo

News Articles: 1

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby OvoXo » April 20th, 2012, 1:54 pm

Brary wrote:
OvoXo wrote:I am sure that this is a 'Friendly Multi-Cultural Community', we are here to play hax and have some fun. Ideas such as opc's would bring negativity and segregation amongst us and give us a bad name around other leagues in the world. I don't mind this idea when we are playing in the CL, IHL and etc. As we'd want British players to represent Britain in those international elite leagues. But with in our own league bringing a rule of capping on foreign players is absurd. The problem isn't the foreign players, its like what Mad says there aren't many british players who spend time haxin and to improve themselves. That's their problem and their problem only. Bringing foreign players in who are friendly and just want to hax there is no problem with it at all

like opc pls tell me u was drunk wen writing dis, opc pls

wut

Mad wasn't saying that at all. He wasn't taking any side. He was looking at the argument from a rounded perspective.

In the bit I bolded, he was saying it's easier for captains to sign established foreign players rather than take the time to train up british players who have the potential to be as good as the aforementioned foreign players.

Look, I don't mind a debate, but when you use a point that wasn't even supporting your argument, you're just being stupid.

^^
Tom T wrote:
Another problem is that UK players don't play as much I think and we don't really have many stand out players, it's players that play lots that have improved and are now some of our best, saying that though there is plenty of UK players with potential just lack of time and people have no interest in training them over a period of time.

Is that not what I basically said that you highlighted in bold?

OvoXo

Postby MoMo » April 20th, 2012, 2:49 pm

Lekumberri wrote:Still I don't understand why we have to make the line in the foreigner players, why don't we make that line in the sex of the people? I know that's important promote the Haxball among the British people, but more important is promote it among the women: they are less so they are more discriminated here.

^^ BEST POST EVER.

MoMo

Postby Mick » April 20th, 2012, 2:58 pm

I am with mad (no bumlick)
you'd be foolish to sign a stand out amazing foreign player but if they're not active you're screwed, but obviously if they're active then go for it. If i was cap, i'd rather have a decent ative english player than an amazing foreigner cos like mad said, it's all about the chemisty + understanding in 4s

Mick

Postby MoMo » April 20th, 2012, 3:10 pm

Mick wrote:I am with mad (no bumlick)
you'd be foolish to sign a stand out amazing foreign player but if they're not active you're screwed, but obviously if they're active then go for it. If i was cap, i'd rather have a decent ative english player than an amazing foreigner cos like mad said, it's all about the chemisty + understanding in 4s

activity doesn't create chemistery so you'd loose eitherway

MoMo

Postby Ghost » April 20th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Well it kind of does, because they'd be available for more spontaneous training sessions & practice matches.

Ghost
Elder of da Realm

News Articles: 8

Division 1 Winner: Season 1

Postby Stevo » April 20th, 2012, 3:24 pm

NO stupid idea imo i think that if they are so good then the number of foreign players will be spread out over the teams anyways

#fredis2gud4belgium
#bringbackfmpubs
#bringbackratings

Stevo

Postby Mick » April 20th, 2012, 3:32 pm

momo.gif please refer to ghost

Mick

Postby Blazing » April 20th, 2012, 3:32 pm

No, there's been no problem with the foreigners and it would show a hint of discrimination in this league.

Blazing

Cup Winner: Season 2

Postby rolex » April 20th, 2012, 3:39 pm

no long sentences pls

only wp gg and mb

Spoiler: Show

rolex
Betting Mod

News Articles: 6

Postby MoMo » April 20th, 2012, 3:43 pm

RealMoMo wrote:
Mick wrote:
If i was cap, i'd rather have a decent ative english player than an amazing foreigner cos like mad said, it's all about the chemisty + understanding in 4s

activity doesn't create chemistery so you'd loose eitherway

In 4s if the player is an amazing foreigner he'd know where to be on the pitch already and that is chemistry.

MoMo

Postby Mick » April 20th, 2012, 3:52 pm

Not really since team chemistry is an understanding between the team, a player will know what his teammate will do even before he knows.

Take slackers for example, they are all great individuals but what makes them really special is the chemistry, it just makes it so hard defensively when they all know where their teammate will go, and they setup scoring chances so easily

Mick

Postby OvoXo » April 20th, 2012, 3:57 pm

Dunno why admin haven't removed this thread yet Image

OvoXo

Postby MoMo » April 20th, 2012, 4:01 pm

But slackers are a foriegn team... and I'm sure any of them are better than me or you (decent english players)

MoMo

Postby Mick » April 20th, 2012, 4:33 pm

yes but you can make yourself look good with team chemistry now shut up momo :x

Mick

PreviousNext

Return to League Discussion