Haxball Is static

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Haxball Is static

Postby EdinsonCavani » February 18th, 2020, 1:03 am

Haxball Is too static in my opinion, I like the concept of the League and of the tournaments for the competitive scene but There's no much entertainment. In 1 week teams play officials for 28 minutes, fs are not more funny than pubs and they are Boring af.

During the years haxball Lost a lot of players and no One finds interesting the game looking at It in 2020 as a new player.
I really enjoyed haxball in 2013 playing rankeds on esl because I could play a lot of "officials" in the day I had time for playing and more you became good, more the game became hard, that's the Spirit of competitivity which brought us to love this game, what about now? Fs over fs.

Creating a website with a matchmaking system rank based or Simply based on points would make this game more entertaining, the idea to compete for a Better rank or for a Better Number Is a strategy used on the most played games.

It wouldn't substitute feedme (the best 4v4 League, and for me more important than competitions like HCL that's mainly the feedme Cup) but It would help at all to make this game entertaining because i feel like a lot of players are hating FS at the point they're starting to play in pubs (at least if you win there you can play again and face Better opponents)

EdinsonCavani

Re: Haxball Is static

Postby Muris 9 » February 18th, 2020, 5:05 am

People quit esl after a short time when it was reopened, so no it wouldnt change anything

Muris 9

News Articles: 0

Position: Forward

Postby Allen » February 18th, 2020, 6:53 am

you would need some kind of a player base, nowadays we dont have much players playing the game so the ranking system wont be viable, that's why HCL isn't working anymore, u need more players playing the game to create a competition that would work, especially when it comes to ranked competition, the game had it's time rn its just surviving for the moment there's no way to bring back another competition besides FM, the only way for it would be the turkish players cause from what i know they are still a pretty big community? not too sure about it tho, and they would need to learn english but what are the odds

Allen

Position: Goalkeeper

Postby LaggerMet » February 18th, 2020, 8:33 am

join the futsal revolution

LaggerMet

Postby Hakut » February 18th, 2020, 8:40 am

it would be a good idea. it would make the game even more competitive

Hakut

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby Pedy » February 18th, 2020, 8:54 am

I have several times thought of creating something for haxball but always decided against it because of 2 reasons.

1) The game itself isnt marketed properly or even marketed at all anymore, and if you look at which countries would have a substantial target market it is that of poorer countries perhaps not even in europe.

2) It is 2020, the day and age of these type of games are over especially competitively, it can still be a good casual game. Most people have good PC's and can run much better games than haxball.

Add to that you have a owner who for whatever reasons of his own is not willing to co-operate making this an impossible operation. First we need to increase the player-base, then we can think about adding different rankings and modes to the game.

I might still make something because this is my favourite game but i am not sure..

Pedy

Postby pkppp » February 18th, 2020, 11:24 am

You have to play fs real soccer, very fun hhhhh

pkppp

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Postby Laki » February 18th, 2020, 11:30 am

Look at Futsals Leagues, they're one of the most entertaining things right now when it comes to haxball. The gameplay on dat map is way better than it is on big or classic. They even have a ranked mode on one of the leagues, i recommend it personally.

Last edited by Laki on February 18th, 2020, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laki

Position: Forward

Postby jasko » February 18th, 2020, 3:09 pm

When I "cried" about haxball changes and macro abuse among other things people were mocking me for it, now all the fun to be had is in officials where most of us don't mind the cancerous gameplay, but playing fs's became unpleasant to say the least.

Haxball in 2020 revolves around spamming, fake kicking and tricking in corners for the sake of tricking, we essentially made the gameplay extremely dumb, because the game awards that. It makes no sense to even try and do something fresh when you can just increase extrapolation and spam like an idiot. There is very little that separates good and great players nowadays because of that, there are just not enough factors to the gameplay when everyone just plays the same for the most part.

I agree though, that maps such as futsal are a possible solution to have fun once again in this game. You don't get punished for trying to be creative like you would in 3def.

Like I said a million times, if basro was ambitious, haxball would be one of the biggest esports titles today. So many years of developing this game and still there are so many things missing that would make this game great. 2d game that requires pretty much nothing in order to play it, yet so many optimization problems even though we're in 2020. I'm guessing most of the problems such as delays and other bugs with browsers would be fixed if there was a haxball app. On top of that adding additional features such as Account system (login/register), in-game ranking system, bots players could play with/against, etc. If you have all of that, you can release the game on steam, promote it and it wouldn't take long before we're able to play the game professionally. :v

But on a serious note, this game still has so much to offer, it's such a unique game anyone can play, it has some of the purest competitive gameplay you can find in gaming, where you are in 100% control of what happens on the field. But I guess none of this matters and we're all just wasting time trying to contribute to this game.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
jasko

Postby Hannes » February 18th, 2020, 3:24 pm

5v5 huge :cheers:

Hannes

News Articles: 28
Betting Coins: 200

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby Splat » February 18th, 2020, 6:33 pm

Why haxball is no longer a competitively viable game

- Not enough good players (not speaking in relative terms)

- HTML ruining spam battles (In flash the "better" team always maintained possession with the other team just relying on counter attacks for the most part)

- Extrapolation making weak players perform bounces and corner moves because the ball just sticks to them (extrapolation need to be removed but it is not the only problem with HTML)

- HTML being a much more streamlined version of haxball is only damaging to it being competitive. Does not feel at all rewarding to play compared to flash

- In HTML, Idk if it is just for me but I never feel truly in control of the ball like I used to in flash, not only with the bounces but also the power of the kicks are fucked up and don't feel consistent

Only three reasons I can think of as to why people would play current-day hax "competitively"

- To try to get some semblance of feeling of playing the game before, when they were younger and enjoyed it more

- They used to be weak players but now with all these changes and the decrease in population they feel that they are accomplishing something that they could not before

- For fun

Of course, changing back to flash is not what I'm suggesting as that is not realistic.. and also this community would still have problems competitively in flash, albeit they would be different problems, the game would still not be competitively viable

So to conclude my haxball essay, we can find that the game is slowly dying (shock) and that there is no quick solution which will turn things around

Futsal and 3v3 public rooms are the only future !!

Splat

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Postby supernatural » February 18th, 2020, 9:21 pm

Who said this game is not fun anymore? It's best and entertaining game so far.

supernatural

Postby B4D4SS » February 19th, 2020, 12:06 am

Time to finally go back to fkin Flash, took 2 years for the shiny new feeling to wear off, for the community to realise HTML gameplay is truly worse?

I swear if you guys didn't mock me when I said instantly the gameplay was different (you can search my posts I said it even in the first released Alpha), maybe basro would've listened a little when I told him the gameplay has taken a massive hit to the skill ceiling, but he didn't care presumably because barely anybody made a big deal of it, he just thought I was some autist seeing things that didn't exist to everybody else.

The fact that so many people play futsal compared to normal haxball, is a reflection of how shitty the physics became in HTML. In Flash futsal and RS were much much smaller compared to regular competitive Haxball, right now maybe its even bigger than regular Haxball (I don't keep track but seems that way).

B4D4SS

Postby Mod » February 19th, 2020, 12:58 am

B4D4SS wrote:Time to finally go back to fkin Flash, took 2 years for the shiny new feeling to wear off, for the community to realise HTML gameplay is truly worse?

I swear if you guys didn't mock me when I said instantly the gameplay was different (you can search my posts I said it even in the first released Alpha), maybe basro would've listened a little when I told him the gameplay has taken a massive hit to the skill ceiling, but he didn't care presumably because barely anybody made a big deal of it, he just thought I was some autist seeing things that didn't exist to everybody else.

The fact that so many people play futsal compared to normal haxball, is a reflection of how shitty the physics became in HTML. In Flash futsal and RS were much much smaller compared to regular competitive Haxball, right now maybe its even bigger than regular Haxball (I don't keep track but seems that way).

People keep talking like the problem is HTML, Flash is outdated and HTML was the move the problem is that basro fucked the settings of thhe game up when switching it to HTML the ball is way slower the game feels inconsistent the problem isn't HTML, the problem is the creator of the game doesnt give a shit about it anymore and doesnt want to bother fixing it.

Mod

Postby supernatural » February 19th, 2020, 5:19 am

B4D4SS I don't know why you are so mad because of HTML. I don't understand what the fuck is your problem with it. Seriously, guys, feed me, fucking community someone please tell me why this guy hates that HTML so fucking much? If you think this extrapolation stuff has destroyed the game, well my friend it's client side and you can turn off extrapolation and play just like u did in flash. If you say there is input lag bla bla, well Basro released a fix for it too. So what's the point of crying all the time? I just don't understand why you are the one always complain about HTML. Just tell us what you exactly want, seriously. Yeah "maybe" you were playing smoother on Flash but how about others? Turks, Jews was playing 70-150 ping and it wasn't so smooth for them. And I see the gameplay in Flash, what the fuck is it actually? You guys was playing like elephants. Everyone was like fat and can't even turn around, losing against retards who needs to think 5 seconds before pass his teammates. Dude HTML is next level shit. HTML is revolutionary. HTML is the reason your slow working elephant brain started to work a bit faster finally. Just stop complaining about HTML, get fucking better.

supernatural

Postby Anddy » February 19th, 2020, 7:50 am

Futsal looks better only because it's easier
All of the players that are not coming from FM are trash
I've played futsal for a year and that's the conclusion i've made (i've even won the nations cup LOOOOL)
Back in times, there were huge differences between really good players and most of the players, of course 10 years after the release, everyone got better, this doesn't have a link with html, let 300 people playing everyday against each others for 10 years, any game, and they'll get better.

(proof: do 5 mins of walltrick with your usual extrap, then switch to 0 extrap (or even less), practise for 20 mins, after 20 mins you'll be able to do the exact same tricks)

Anddy

Postby Hannes » February 19th, 2020, 8:20 am

correlation does not imply causation

Hannes

News Articles: 28
Betting Coins: 200

Cup Runner-up: Season 4

Postby Mey » February 19th, 2020, 9:39 am

Y’all forgetting windows 10 isn’t really compatible with flash haxball..

Mey

Postby B4D4SS » February 19th, 2020, 9:48 am

desync wrote:B4D4SS I don't know why you are so mad because of HTML. I don't understand what the fuck is your problem with it. Seriously, guys, feed me, fucking community someone please tell me why this guy hates that HTML so fucking much? If you think this extrapolation stuff has destroyed the game, well my friend it's client side and you can turn off extrapolation and play just like u did in flash. If you say there is input lag bla bla, well Basro released a fix for it too. So what's the point of crying all the time? I just don't understand why you are the one always complain about HTML. Just tell us what you exactly want, seriously. Yeah "maybe" you were playing smoother on Flash but how about others? Turks, Jews was playing 70-150 ping and it wasn't so smooth for them. And I see the gameplay in Flash, what the fuck is it actually? You guys was playing like elephants. Everyone was like fat and can't even turn around, losing against retards who needs to think 5 seconds before pass his teammates. Dude HTML is next level shit. HTML is revolutionary. HTML is the reason your slow working elephant brain started to work a bit faster finally. Just stop complaining about HTML, get fucking better.

WTF are you talking about? Did I mention anything else except GAMEPLAY SKILL CEILING? HTML is better in every other way except for extrapolation (not the main problem) and gameplay skill ceiling because of the sharper movement (the absolute biggest problem).

You might think its instantly better to have a quicker game, but that shows you haven't thought it through unless you can give me some reasons except for "quicker always is better you elephant".

The speeding up of the player turning has done this to the gameplay:

- Made it WAY easier to do the same skills that were possible in Flash, you needed excellent tempo/timing in Flash to pull off those moves that everybody can do much easier now.

- Made those same skills WAY less effective, because you can recover from being out of position in HTML so fast, whereas in Flash if you committed to a tackle and misread it, you went flying. You would open up more space in defence/midfield or wherever you got juked. This has also made defending WAY easier, which is why everybody in defence looks the same if they're good or great like jasko mentioned, because the margin for error is too big - being out of position doesn't get punished like in Flash.

- Made quick passing WAY easier, just like skills. In Flash you would even see some div1 players who weren't capable of constantly giving their DM good passes from the centre attack position, now every Div2 player does it without fail. It was HARDER TO DO but also MORE REWARDING, for the same reason as above, out of position players don't get let off the hook in Flash, they get punished hard, making it clear the difference between good defenders or great defenders.

- Made all spams unpredictable and uncontrollable. In Flash you were 100% in control of a spam, now in HTML you are about 60% in control and the other 40% is luck. Some spam goals are simply impossible to defend in HTML if you get unlucky, whereas in Flash every single spam goal conceded could've been stopped if the defender was not out of position/read the spam properly. Like Splat mentioned it also affects the midfield battles massively, where being smarter/more skilled in midfield would put you in a position where you have the advantage going into a spam, in Flash it would mean you win that spam every time. In HTML you can earn yourself an advantaged position to start the spam and still lose it cus of random/luck factor.

- Made timing tackles perfectly almost irrelevant. How many times have you made tackles that you would've reached in Flash 100% and don't reach it in HTML? Its because even though you completely read the opponents intentions, you are not getting rewarded with a tackle for that. Why? Again the margin of error is too big, you can get outsmarted and read by somebody rushing towards you, but all you do is have to change direction again and they wont reach the ball, because you are NOT PUNISHED FOR CHANGING YOUR MIND IN THE LAST MOMENT, cus the extra movement doesn't add extra time (cus its too sharp/no delay). So theres players like Caccapupu who almost never got outsmarted by people rushing him, not being rewarded for this extra skill/brain he has, because in HTML average Div2 GK who get read often can just change his direction in last second and almost never get cleanly tackled. So whats the difference between Caccapupu and Div2 GK now? Almost nothing. Because of low skill ceiling. No difference anymore between best and just good players.

Theres obviously more aspects than just those 5 because changing how sharp you turn makes a difference to absolutely every situation in the game, but I don't want to write an entire Bible on this right now.

TL;DR = Sharper movement on HTML makes all skills/passing way easier and margin for error when you are out of position massive compared to Flash. This means much lower skill ceiling = Everybody looks/plays more the same.

B4D4SS

Postby Vidalo » February 19th, 2020, 10:14 am

B4D4SS wrote:In Flash futsal and RS were much much smaller compared to regular competitive Haxball, right now maybe its even bigger than regular Haxball (I don't keep track but seems that way).

In flash RS was much bigger :bounce:

Vidalo

Position: Goalkeeper

Next

Return to General Haxball Discussion