Fake x on 0 extrapolation... WTF?

Talk about haxball in here, maps, sides, players, tactics, anything related to the game.

Fake x on 0 extrapolation... WTF?

Postby supernatural » March 11th, 2020, 4:07 am

Me and Flacko was playing today and since I am playin with 0 extra, I just noticed I am seeing his fake x when he does it. But wtf? How is this possible? I am supposed to not see this because I don't have extrapolation.

I also posted this on GitHub;

https://github.com/haxball/haxball-issues/issues/1011

I am waiting for your comments on GitHub too, let's get some petition.

supernatural

News Articles: 0

Re: Fake x on 0 extrapolation... WTF?

Postby saviola » March 11th, 2020, 8:16 am

Unfortunately, I don't think this is a bug, but a side-effect of extrapolation on the other client. If you fix this, you will have the opposite problem and you will see his real shot late. But maybe I'm wrong, let's see if Basro has any comment.

saviola

Postby P4ER » March 11th, 2020, 11:28 am

Fake X its useless "trick" that isnt working - people will juke you with or without it in the same situation (you stop players from doing something just from knowing what they will do, not from what you see on your screen), i dont know why you keep crying about this overrated "trick".

i dont know how someone didnt figure it out before training on it (total waste of time and effort + hurts your gameplay midgame trying to do 1 more shot after every bounce), maybe the main problem of the players nowadays is to know whats effective and what looks good on the screen.

P4ER

Postby supernatural » March 11th, 2020, 1:04 pm

P4ER wrote:Fake X its useless "trick" that isnt working - people will juke you with or without it in the same situation (you stop players from doing something just from knowing what they will do, not from what you see on your screen), i dont know why you keep crying about this overrated "trick".

i dont know how someone didnt figure it out before training on it (total waste of time and effort + hurts your gameplay midgame trying to do 1 more shot after every bounce), maybe the main problem of the players nowadays is to know whats effective and what looks good on the screen.

Who said that someone is juking me? Who said that I can't stop players? Who said that I'm crying? What the fuck are you talking about?

First of all its not a trick. Extrapolation predicts future. That's why this fake x thing exists. If I was extrapolation player, it can be true because I was gonna predict future. But I do not use extrapolation. And that command is client-side as Basro told us. So there is no way I can get other players extrapolation from server. Then why my client trying to predict future while I don't use extrapolation? If I am not using extrapolation, I am not supposed to see this too.

At the end I think this some bug. Couple weeks ago Jasko also posted this with 15 extrapolation, maybe it's acceptable but fake x on 0 extrapolation is not acceptable. That means this is seriously bug and should be fixed as soon as possible. I don't want to see some stuff on my screen which not happened ever. (I mean fake shoot)

supernatural

Postby P4ER » March 11th, 2020, 1:29 pm

supernatural wrote:
P4ER wrote:Fake X its useless "trick" that isnt working - people will juke you with or without it in the same situation (you stop players from doing something just from knowing what they will do, not from what you see on your screen), i dont know why you keep crying about this overrated "trick".

Who said that someone is juking me? Who said that I can't stop players? Who said that I'm crying? What the fuck are you talking about?

First of all its not a trick. Extrapolation predicts future. That's why this fake x thing exists. If I was extrapolation player, it can be true because I was gonna predict future. But I do not use extrapolation. And that command is client-side as Basro told us. So there is no way I can get other players extrapolation from server. Then why my client trying to predict future while I don't use extrapolation? If I am not using extrapolation, I am not supposed to see this too.

At the end I think this some bug. Couple weeks ago Jasko also posted this with 15 extrapolation, maybe it's acceptable but fake x on 0 extrapolation is not acceptable. That means this is seriously bug and should be fixed as soon as possible. I don't want to see some stuff on my screen which not happened ever. (I mean fake shoot)

Basro said its not a bug and wont be fixed you are pretty late with this thread, and the fact it exists in the gameplay doesnt change anything because of the reasons i said above. you can keep bragging about it, it wont change anything.

P4ER

Postby supernatural » March 11th, 2020, 1:41 pm

P4ER wrote:
supernatural wrote:

Basro said its not a bug and wont be fixed you are pretty late with this thread, and the fact it exists in the gameplay doesnt change anything because of the reasons i said above. you can keep bragging about it, it wont change anything.

You are wrong, the thing Basro said was for extrapolation players. Like you have 1~200 extrapolation so that's what its supposed to do. But not for 0. So it is clearly a bug for "non extrapolation" players.

supernatural

Postby Muris 9 » March 11th, 2020, 6:13 pm

ok thanks, we get it, you repeated the same sentence 10 times. point is, if u don't wanna see it on ur screen just don't play or get over it, since he said he wouldn't be fixing anything.

Muris 9

Position: Forward

Postby supernatural » March 11th, 2020, 8:33 pm

Muris 9 wrote:ok thanks, we get it, you repeated the same sentence 10 times. point is, if u don't wanna see it on ur screen just don't play or get over it, since he said he wouldn't be fixing anything.

IT'S BUG! Not a feature. It can be feature if I use extrapolation, retard how hard is it to understand this???? Why you want a bug to exist in that game? Just give me one reason.

supernatural

Postby P4ER » March 11th, 2020, 8:44 pm

not all the game physics related to extrapolation, stop embarrassing yourself flacko's boyfriend.
with your logic you say in other words 0 extrapolation means a freezing player :afro:

P4ER

Postby supernatural » March 11th, 2020, 9:24 pm

P4ER wrote:not all the game physics related to extrapolation, stop embarrassing yourself flacko's boyfriend.
with your logic you say in other words 0 extrapolation means a freezing player :afro:

yet another day u cant write a sentence without flackos name

:d

supernatural

Postby Muris 9 » March 11th, 2020, 9:45 pm

supernatural wrote:
Muris 9 wrote:ok thanks, we get it, you repeated the same sentence 10 times. point is, if u don't wanna see it on ur screen just don't play or get over it, since he said he wouldn't be fixing anything.

IT'S BUG! Not a feature. It can be feature if I use extrapolation, retard how hard is it to understand this???? Why you want a bug to exist in that game? Just give me one reason.

Update*** 11 times. I get it, we just don't fucking care about it, so if u don't want to play with bugs just stop playing already and stop annoying. How tf can You call someone a retard? lmao

Muris 9

Position: Forward

Postby qaz00 » March 11th, 2020, 10:10 pm

It's not a bug, it's a feature :) What you see on this video is an effect of prediction system built in haxball that's separate from extrapolation and it was always there (maybe with some changes/optimizations compared to older versions of the game). I'm not sure but I guess it's role is to compensate delay caused by ping.

qaz00

Return to General Haxball Discussion